Why Therapy is Helpful
Most people do their best to manage their struggles on their own. Often times, however, the things people do to cope or feel better can be problematic and may worsen things in the long run. A skilled clinician can accurately assess what someone’s difficulties are, and provide the appropriate interventions that are likely to lead to long-lasting changes.
Although people seek therapy for different reasons, it is usually because they are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Emotional pain or distress
- Problems with relationships
- Difficulty managing emotions
- Problematic behavior that interferes with one’s life
- Feeling impaired in one’s ability to function most optimally
- Feeling stuck and aimless
Connecting with our intuition is critical to navigating our lives in a meaningful way. Find out how to build your intuitive capabilities and understand what gets in the way of this.
Self-judgment, criticism, and anger directed towards oneself contributes to depression, anxiety, and shame. Learn why building self-compassion is critical to our mental well being.